2016/03/13

Chae Won Kim/first draft/Wed.34


Topic : why we have to learn how to write

 

Some of EICC students learn writing in P&P classes. Starting to learn writing in University, I wanted to think about some reasons for it. Firstly, I can learn to think critically. Writing lets me consider and concentrate on something. By so doing, I can find pros and cons of the subject and it helps me to get an objective standpoint. Understanding something with less distortion would be very helpful not only in analysis and research, but also in relations with others. Secondly, I can learn to think logically. Even in this paragraph, I'm using some expressions that indicate the order of supporting points. It means I sketched the order of this writing. And through several rounds of elaboration, I can make more natural sentences in context. Contemplation and reflection would develop one's own thinking power also. Lastly, I can learn to share my opinions. Surely, I can share my opinions in verbal, too. But verbal discussion is less refined and spontaneous. On the contrary, written words are more deliberate and fixable. The critical, logical words can explain or convince effectively, and even after the very moment of sharing, I can review my own and other's writing. And at this point, knowing 'how to write' could be basis in doing this. In Korea, most of schools don't teach writing mainly, so many students regard writing as difficult and heavy one. But in my opinion, it is valuable to break this prejudice because 'writing-the overall experiences for writing' could be very beneficial in our life.

 

1 comment:

  1. What struck me as powerful was that you struggle to writing. Thanks to you I also could have deep concerns about what the writing is applied.

    ReplyDelete