2016/03/06

Sue Min Hwang/Assignment label/Wednesday 3,4

     My name is Sue Min Hwang. Traditionally in Korea, the elderly people believe that names' meanings shape one's character as they grow up. Following this tradition, my family chose my name hoping that I play an indispensable role in the society in the future. After learning about the definition of my name, I decided that the main goal of my life was to become an essential part of the society and began to wonder about how to fulfill my mission. I realized that reading books could be the foundation of my future as it could structure critical and logical thinking. As a result, I began enjoying reading books and it became part of my hobby.

    I have 4 family members. My mother and father, and my older sister. We are usually on good terms except for times when I come home too late. My family is sensitive about that issue.

I spent 2 years in the US during elementary school. Although it can be deemed as relatively short length in the whole range of life, the experience in a foreign country became an important asset providing me with diverse perspectives of viewing the world and letting me be more comfortable in using English. However, elementary school has only provided me the basic skills of writing. Additionally, I did not have much opportunity to write paragraphs and essays. Thus, I hope that I improve my language skills by taking this course.


No comments:

Post a Comment