2016/03/06

Do my Best/Chae Won Kim/Self-introduction/Wed. 34

Hello, everyone. My name is Chae Won Kim. First of all, I want to tell a story about my name. In my younger ages, I didn't like my name very much. But it was changed after my younger siblings' birth. When I was 7, my brother was born, and my younger sister was born 2 years later. My parents tried to make them great names even in reference to the dictionary. It was very seriously considered tasks to them. I realized that how hard just a couple of words becomes one's own name. So I asked my father to teach me the meaning and the letters-in Chinese- of my name. My mother told me that they made my name also hardly. At that time, I changed my thoughts and was thankful to their efforts. My name 'Chae Won' means 'Be the Best'. Maybe my parents wanted me to be a brilliant leader. But it is not an easy one, so I decided to 'Do the Best' at least.

Actually, I worried a lot when I registered this class. Because I'm not a good writer, especially in English. But I chose with a hope that it would be a great chance to learn 'what is writing' in my freshman year. Also, I think sharing my words with classmates and getting some feedbacks would be really helpful to have me logic.

Thank you for reading my paragraphs. I will Do my Best!

 

2 comments:

  1. Yong-yoon Cho : Hi, Chae Won. It's good to read about your name. Honestly, I don't like my name because it is too boyish. I have wished I had a girly name since I was 8 but, your story makes me feel like it's something I must be proud of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Choi Jaeyoon : Great name! I'm sure you are already doing your best and always will be.

    ReplyDelete